Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Love Yourself

Hey guys, I know I said I wouldn't make a regular thing out of this but I have a point that I REALLY need to make.
So during morning assembly today my Italian teacher was given the task of talking to my entire year. Now to be honest, had that been me in her situation, my year is probably the worst to talk to, no-one listens and very few people show consideration. But she presented her assembly anyway.
There is a point as to why I'm telling you about this. You see, I don't get inspired very easily, but what she had to say really made me think about what she said and has honestly quite inspired me. 
It started with her being blunt and explaining that she's nervous about public speaking, she also went on to say she was going to be a bit personal with us. To be honest I thought it would just be like any other teacher speech. Needless to say I was wrong, she started by talking about the position her life was in now, how she has really turned it around and is in a much better place. She then began to talk about when she was around our age, she was completely honest with us, I won't say what she said because it's not my place to share it. Basically she was saying how she was in a really dark place and she was so unhappy with herself as a person.
What inspired me was that she found something she was passionate about and began to learn to love herself how she was, not changing herself. It made me really relate to her because I have been in situations similar and being able to hear that with a little help and just learning self love, self confidence and just believing you can do things, made me just feel so much better, I was nearly in tears, it just really made an impact on me.
What I'm trying to say is no matter what people say, you're a beautiful human being, you're amazing, if you have a positive outcome on life then chances are you'll enjoy life a lot more. Thank you for just reading through this, I may not have made sense but I wanted to share with you something that I find helpful and inspiring in an attempt to maybe help some of you.

See ya soon!

Charlotte :)

No comments:

Post a Comment